L and I have been making our own puzzles! I'm kind of addicted to them at the moment, so I plan to make many more! They are so easy, and L can help with a few of the steps. These are great to make as gifts, or to just whip a few extra up to keep as a suprise as an emergency boredom buster!
what you need
picture or printed coloring page (on thicker cardstock paper)
what you do
1. Chose your picture and print it on thicker cardstock paper. If you chose a coloring page, your child can color it first which makes it more fun!
2. Cut it out
3. Lay out enough craft sticks to fit your picture on. My printers ink was low which is why we have a blue and green dinosaur. I kinda like it though :)
4. Modge Podge the back of your picture and then carefully lay it on your sticks.
Be sure to keep your sticks orderly.
5. Spread the modge podge very generously over the entire picture to seal it, then let it dry. It usually dries in an hour or so.
Adult only Step!
6. After it's completely dry, use an exacto knife to carefully cu
t between the lines of each stick. Do this on the BACK of the puzzle so you keep a straight line.
These are the ones we've made so far. Numbering them only adds to the play and learn element.
Follow Play Create Explore on Pinterest!
More Ways to Follow the Fun!